MP for Newcastle upon Tyne Central and Shadow Minister for Science, Research and Digital discusses the need for diversity in STEM as well as her experiences as an engineer.
Chi answers the following questions:
- Can you tell us about your career pathway and how you became an engineer?
- Did you find that you were often one of only a few women in a room or a team? How did you find that?
- What made you want to move away from engineering and into politics?
- What does your role as Shadow Minister for Science, Research & Digital involve?
- Can you tell us about the work of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Diversity and Inclusion in STEM?
- What advice would you give to young women considering a career in STEM?